Join the Children's Writer's Coaching Club at the National Writing for Children Center and you'll have access to FOUR 55-minute teleclasses each and every month.
If you've ever wanted to write a picture book for children but just didn't know how to go about it, you won't want to miss this week's fun and informative teleclass with children's picture book author Margot Finke.
Just look at all Margot will cover in this class:
PICTURE (BOOK) PERFECT
*Good grammar and punctuation
* Tight writing — use a few carefully chosen words to write a "big" story.
* The benefit of bringing powerful verbs into play.
* How to paint word pictures that will stick in a child’s head.
* How to write active paragraphs that easily translate into illustrations
* How to FOCUS on what is important to the story — and cut the rest.
* The art of crafting characters kids will identify with and root for.
* Develop a writing "voice" that is unique.
This LIVE teleclass will take place on Wednesday, February 13, 2008, at 4:00 pacific time.
To receive an email invitation to this event, along with any handouts needed for the class, join the Children's Writers' Coaching Club at:
The Children's Writers
I hope to meet you in class this Wednesday evening. But, if you can't attend the LIVE teleclass, as a coaching club member you will also receive a link to the recording of this class on Thursday, so you can listen to the class at any time. Have a great writing day!