Monday, March 12, 2007

Is Your Mortality Speaking?

Inspiration comes when you least expect it. It pops in on me like a surprise and a welcome guest. C. Hope Clark (Funds For Writers) posted on March 11 poignantly stating:

“For years we think we have forever. And we waste it. I don’t think I wasted too terribly much, but that doesn’t mean I need to start now or even slow down. I’m a writer…and no one can write the same words in the same way I can. If I take that with me undone, what have I accomplished?”

Recently I received a letter from my local gym. Congratulations! Your birthday qualifies you for our low senior citizen rates……...I don’t feel any different, then again, my wrinkles are doing more than just smiling back at me lately.

Once you reach the age of eligibility for the senior discount at the local Smorgasbord; as I have, these thoughts begin to plague you. I say it’s time to get busy. It’s crunch time. Don’t wait until you are handed the 10% discount card.

All of this means I need to write…I need to get busy. What about you? I know you are busy, but what kind of busy? We are all unique. Our writing is like a fingerprint. Grab your star while you have the ability.

Write it down,

Karma

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Karma, could you stop by my blog so I can email you? We're at Liz's tonight and there ar a few things I'd like to pursue with you. I'm a legitimate blogger; no spam.h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn, I left my email on your blog via subscription. I could not access your comment section. I am sure you know about your technical problems.

    Thanks for stopping by. My web page also has a link to my email and blog.

    www.karmaswindow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete