Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Writing is Risky Business

At least for me, writing is risky. When I begin to write, there are a whole slew of ideas and possibilities for what to write about. I have to know myself , my perspective and my purpose for writing and have to get a sense of where I belong. Also, I have to know what is important and be able to get the words all down in a format that will be coherent to others. How can I narrow this down? I risk my confidence.

To do this, I have to turn off that voice inside my head that says "you'll never get this right", and calm my anxieties. I risk my own rejection before I even touch the computer keys.

OK, now it's time to take that risk, reach for the keyboard or pen and put the words on paper. Once I get going, the words just flow and I begin to feel connected to that spark, muse, or motivation that resides within me. In fact it resides in all of us. Trust it. Trust yourself.

Write it down,

Karma






No comments:

Post a Comment